You: A senior marketer with brand and communications experience at tech companies.
Us: Linktree, a rapidly growing Australian tech company. 15,000 + new account sign-ups a day kind of rapid.
A match? Let's discuss further.
This role is about being the voice of the Linktree brand in the content we publish, for the events we host and the partnerships we develop. You would work with our fantastic Head of Brand & Comms, Katie, alongside our Head of Growth Jess and closely with Nicky, Creative Director and co-founder who can also teach you how to pickle pretty much anything.
Having gone from 20 employees to 35 in the past 3 months, we're growing our highly cross-functional team. You'll also be working closely with design, social media, engineering, customer support and partnerships.
Instead of a list of demands, we'll tell you all the different things we'd love for you to challenge yourself with in this role. As a startup in growth mode, the mentality of "I can do that given the opportunity and with a bit of help from my team" is what we look for in all of our hires.
It would be great if you were able to:
- Attend meetings with the leadership team and talk about upcoming product releases, our brand positioning, the content plan for the next month and beyond, new trends in the market, opportunities for events (and the "new normal" - webinars).
- Make those events and webinars happen. Get the speakers in, promote them to relevant audiences. Write the content and host/mc/panel said events.
- Drive and develop the Linktree brand globally to customers and partners. Identify the channels, fine-tune our tone and messaging, increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Work on content strategy for our emails, blogs, social and product marketing that is informative and engaging across the breadth of our user verticals. If you love to write, excellent. If you'd rather create a great strategy and brief for a better writer, that's also cool.
- Contribute creatively. While we're not expecting you to have won a Cannes Lion, it would be great if you considered yourself a creative marketer and were able to collaborate with our creatives to build out innovative, market-leading campaigns.
- Manage our PR agency. Collaborate with them and ensure that Linktree is being best represented in market both locally, and globally.
How senior? What backgrounds?
As a guide, around 5 years and above in marketing positions. Broader experience in roles would be a better fit than someone with a history of being siloed within a larger team.
Experience in tech and startups is an advantage. If it's a space you're hyper mega supremely enthusiastic about, but have never been given the opportunity, we still want to speak to you. You could come from agency backgrounds if you have led the strategy on campaigns and tick the other boxes.
We run in the social media space so it would be great if that was an area you were really across and interested in. Know the nuances in creators on Tik Tok vs YouTube. Be on top of the next big platform before it's a big thing.
Culturally, it's important that you understand the nature of a fast-growing startup and want to be part of that. Things can change quickly and there may be less structure than bigger, more corporate companies. Whether that is a good or a bad thing is up to you but we will be looking for collaborative, ambitious, and intelligent people, without ego.
The Linktree story…
The Linktree journey begins in 2016, when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 5 million users worldwide, 10,000 - 15,000 new signups every day and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, Vice, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Patreon, Naomi Campbell, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!
This is a full-time role based out of our office in Collingwood (although all working remotely during Covid and we are great with flexible working arrangements) but we are open to remote working in Australia.
Please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel you fit the bill and want to join our team