You: A business leader with experience scaling Saas businesses into the Indonesian market that is excited by the opportunity to be our first hire in Indonesia.
Us: Linktree, a rapidly growing Australian tech company. 20,000+ new account sign-ups a day kind of rapid.
A match? Let's discuss further.
This role is about growing and expanding our already thriving community in Indonesia and setting up the tools on the ground to make it happen. You would work people like with our Head of Growth Jess, Head of Strategy and Operations Michael and Country Manager for Brazil Gab, within our thriving growth team of humans from all departments in the company and closely with our CEO and co-founder Alex.
Having gone from 20 employees to over 40 in the past 6 months, we're growing our highly cross-functional team across the globe.
Instead of a list of demands, we'll tell you all the different things we'd love for you to challenge yourself with in this role. As a startup in growth mode, the mentality of "I can do that given the opportunity and with a bit of help from my team" is what we look for in all of our hires.
It would be great if you were able to:
- Attend meetings with the leadership team and talk about upcoming product releases, keep us updated on what is happening in the Indonesian tech scene, our brand positioning, the content plan for the next month and beyond, new trends in the market, opportunities for events (and the "new normal" - webinars).
- Make those events and webinars happen. Get the speakers in, promote them to relevant audiences. Write the content and host/mc/panel said events.
- Drive and develop the Linktree brand globally to customers and partners. Identify the channels, fine-tune our tone and messaging, increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Work on content strategy for our emails, blogs, social and product marketing that is informative and engaging across the breadth of our user verticals. If you love to write, excellent. If you'd rather create a great strategy and brief for a better writer, that's also cool.
- Contribute creatively. While we're not expecting you to have won a Cannes Lion, it would be great if you considered yourself a creative marketer and were able to collaborate with our creatives to build out innovative, market-leading campaigns.
- Manage our PR agency. Collaborate with them and ensure that Linktree is being best represented in market both locally, and globally.
How senior? What backgrounds?
It's essential to have experience in Indonesia within consumer tech/startup companies.
Once that box is ticked, as a guide we are looking for at least 5 years in similar start-up environments broader experience in roles would be a better fit than someone with a history of being siloed within a larger team. This is a varied role so suits those that like to do different roles day to day.
We run in the social media space so it would be great if that was an area you were really across and interested in. Know the nuances in creators on Tik Tok vs YouTube. Be on top of the next big platform before it's a big thing.
Culturally, it's important that you understand the nature of a fast-growing startup and want to be part of that. Things can change quickly and there may be less structure than bigger, more corporate companies. Whether that is a good or a bad thing is up to you but we will be looking for collaborative, ambitious, and intelligent people, without ego.
The Linktree story…
The Linktree journey begins in 2016, when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 9 million users worldwide, 25,000 new signups every day and over 500 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, Vice, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Patreon, Naomi Campbell, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!